April 25 (Reuters) - Oil producer Swift Energy Co said on Monday it emerged from Chapter 11 bankruptcy, less than four months after filing for creditor protection.
Swift filed for bankruptcy on Dec. 31, joining about 40 other energy companies that entered bankruptcy in 2015 as oil prices plunged.
The company entered bankruptcy with an agreement with more than 60 percent of the holders of its unsecured bonds.
Swift had said it planned to exchange those bonds for 96 percent of its stock when it exited bankruptcy. Its shareholders were to get 4 percent of its stock.
The company said it has completed its financial reorganization, which was confirmed by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware on March 31.
[collapse title=英文原文请点击]
Brazilian state-run player Petrobras has approved a “voluntary layoff programme” for its workforce that will see about 12,000 jobs being cut in an effort to save money.
Petrobras said on Friday that the programme, approved by its remaining board of directors, is open to all its employees, who will be awarded an “incentive” in exchange for leaving his or her position.
Following the implementation of the programme, Petrobras expects to save 33 billion reais ($9.20 billion) by 2020, it said.
The incentives offered under the programme will add up to 4.4 billion reais, Petrobras added.
“The programme aims to adapt the workforce to the needs of the business.”
Amid low oil prices and corruption allegation involving top politicians in the country, Petrobras has been struggling financially.
[/collapse]
Prospex Oil & Gas公司周四发布消息称:Hutton Poland有限公司已经获得波兰Kolo勘探许可证(Prospex Oil & Gas持有Hutton Poland 49%的股份)。
该勘探许可证为期四年,包含两个阶段的工作,每阶段时长两年。Hutton将在第一阶段内获取该地31英里内的2D地震数据或是10平方英里内的3D地震数据。在第二阶段内,Hutton将进行钻井工作。
Hutton董事会认为公司已经准备好进行钻井工作。在环境允许的情况下,公司可能会在2016年钻第一口井。
Prospex董事长Bill Smith在公司声明中表示“很高兴能够获得Kolo许可证,这为迅速开展工作创造了前提,我们希望能为股东提供进一步的信息。” 石油圈原创www.oilsns.com
来自/Rig Zone 4月28日消息 编译/赵宁
[collapse title=英文原文请点击]
UK-based Prospex Oil & Gas announced Thursday that Hutton Poland Limited, a company it holds a 49 percent interest in, has been awarded the Kolo License in Poland.
The four year exploration license comprises two phases of work, each of which is two years long. As part of the deal, Hutton has agreed to carry out the acquisition of 31 mile 2D or 10 square mile 3D seismic data in phase one and the drilling of one well in phase two.
Prospex has revealed that the directors of Hutton believe the Boleshaw prospect on the Kolo License is ready for drilling, with a drill location determined. It is anticipated that the first well will be drilled in 2016, subject to environmental permitting.
Prospex Chairman Bill Smith commented in a company statement:
"We are delighted that the license has been finalized. This will really allow the work on the ground to continue at a pace and we look forward to providing further updates to our shareholders."
[/collapse]
Norway’s DOF Subsea has been awarded a contract from Petrobras for the Brazilian built ROV construction support vessel Skandi Niterói.
The vessel will commence the new contract immediately, for a period of eight months plus an option of a further eight months.
“I am very pleased with the contract award, securing utilization in a challenging market and maintaining our strong position in the Brazilian market,” commented Mons S. Aase, CEO of DOF.
Last month, Petrobras also extended the contract for DOF Subsea’s multipurpose research and supply vessel Geograph.
董事长G. Andrea Botta表示:“Jack在能源行业拥有30年经验,有足够的能力领导大型能源公司,同时他在资本重组的合作战略项目领域经验丰富,能为公司股东实现利益最大化。”
来自/WorldOil 5月12日消息 编译/张弘引石油圈原创www.oilsns.com
[collapse title=英文原文请点击]
HOUSTON -- Cheniere Energy’s board of directors has named Jack A. Fusco as the company’s new president and CEO, effective immediately. He succeeds Neal A. Shear, who has served as Cheniere's interim president and CEO since December 2015.
Most recently, Fusco served as CEO and a member of the board of directors of Calpine from August 2008 to May 2014 and as executive chairman from May 2014 through May 11, 2016. He was recruited by Calpine's key shareholders in 2008, just as that company was emerging from bankruptcy.
As CEO of Calpine, Fusco managed a team of approximately 2,300 employees and led one of the largest purchasers of natural gas in America. He will continue to serve as a director on the board of Calpine.
"Jack has spent over thirty years in the energy industry and has significant experience leading companies with large-scale, asset-intensive portfolios and implementing corporate strategies focused on capital allocation, strategic developments and optimizing shareholder value," said G. Andrea Botta, chairman of the board.
意大利南部的Basilicata是唯一选民投票率超过50%的地区,该地区是意大利现有的陆上石油主要产区。根据商业日报Il Sole 24 Ore报道,该地区的投票率是50.1%。而在西西里岛和Adriatic海沿岸地区,由于存在许多有争议的石油和天然气勘探区块,因此没有达到50%的投票率。
来自/natural gas Europe 4月18日消息 编译/张弘引
[collapse title=英文原文请点击]
A referendum held in Italy on April 17 on whether oil and gas exploration should be banned within 12 miles (20km) of the coast failed to muster enough of a turnout.
Only 31.19% of eligible voters turned out, according to the national press. The threshold required to make the referendum binding was 50% of voters plus one vote.
Four months ago the government extended all existing 30-year concessions within 12 miles until their resources were depleted, while at the same time banning all future exploration and drilling in territorial waters. Voters had to decided if they wanted to revoke the extension.
Basilicata, the southern region between the heel and toe of Italy, was the only region where voter turnout topped 50% - but only just. According to business daily Il Sole 24 Ore, voter turnout there was 50.1%. The region is home to much of Italy's existing onshore oil production. Thus Sicily and all the regions along the Adriatic coast, where many of the contested oil and gas exploration licences are located, failed to muster the 50% voter turnout.
China oil majors continue record-setting output cuts in September. Our friends in China are seeing a sharp decline in their crude output according to reports, though it might be due to record high imports in September among other issues.
Shell to create new entity for LNG foray, says outgoing chief. Outgoing chairman slams his fist on the desk and screams "We want LNG in the Philippines and want it now!" (Not really, but the thought is more exciting than a press conference in Taguig City, right?)
Untapped North Sea oil and gas is 'significant opportunity'. The North Sea might have a new lease on life with Oil and Gas Authority officials talking about finding more than three billion barrels of oil untapped underneath the UK continental shelf.
Research offers faster way to confirm safety of oil and gas pipelines. A UBC study might help people relax with some good vibes - some good vibrations might help pipeline companies prevent spills in a cost-effective way.
Iran Talking With 16 Investors to Bid on Oil and Gas Projects. About 50 projects are on the bidding table in Iran, as officials say the projects are feasible even with low crude prices reigning over the market.
BHP's Andrew Mackenzie says oil and gas prices are ready to rise. What's that, another prediction for rising oil and gas prices around the world? You don't say!
After Lean Years, Big Oil May Emerge Stronger Than Ever. Looking for a sobering but a hopeful view into the future? The New York Times sat down with a number of analysts that say the companies that emerge from the current market intact will not only be winners they're "going to come out smelling like roses.” I guess that's one way to talk positive?
Environmental groups file lawsuit against Norway over Arctic oil. Greenpeace Nordic and Nature & Youth filed a lawsuit this week against Norway for violating provisions in the 2015 Paris Agreement by letting firms explore the Arctic Barents Sea.
China-Philippines Oil Deal Underway In South China Sea The Philippines and China are hoping to "finalize a deal that could see both sides working to find oil and natural gas in the South China Sea."
BLM Announces Oil/Gas Lease Sale For Ohio's Wayne National Forest. Anyone ready to make some investments? The U.S. Bureau of Land Management will offer about 1,676 acres for lease in Ohio, Mississippi and Arkansas. Remember, coffee's for closers only.
Following attacks by a militant group, the Niger Delta Avengers, the Nigerian Agip Oil Company and Aiteo Oil are losing about 140,000 barrels of crude oil per day from their oilfields in Bayelsa State, it has been learnt.
At about $48 per barrel, an estimated $6.72m daily is lost by the two operators due to attacks on oil export pipelines operated by them.
Eni, an Italian energy firm and parent company of Agip, said the firm’s production had been cut by 65,000 barrels per day, following Friday’s attack on its pipeline in Bayelsa.
Earlier attacks on the oilfield on May 18 and May 24 had resulted in the shut-in of some 5,200 barrels of Eni’s equity share of oil output.
Aiteo, the operator of the Nembe Creek trunkline, which came under attack by the NDA on May 28, according to its spokesman, Mr. Sola Omole, shut the line conveying crude to the Bonny export terminal.
Omole said 75,000 barrels of daily production were deferred as the line remained out of service.
Although figures from Shell Petroleum Development Company could not be obtained, the oil firm had similarly declared force majeure on its oil exports from the Bonny export terminal.
Force Majeure is a legal clause that frees a company from liabilities arising from its inability to meet contractual obligations due to reasons beyond its control.
The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, was quoted on Thursday as saying that Nigeria was producing 1.6 million barrels per day, excluding further production outages due to the attacks on Agip, Chevron and Shell recently.
Observers believe that the development is likely to affect the implementation of the 2016 budget premised on a daily production of 2.2 million barrels of crude oil.
1. Halliburton-Baker Hughes合并计划破产后 Halliburton CEO首次公开发言
Halliburton首席执行官Dave Lesar表示:我们确实很失望…但是,我们将继续和从前一样提供创新产品和服务,就像我们过去97年多以来所做的那样。
2. 加拿大石油重镇遭遇大火 居民紧急撤离
加拿大Alberta省石油重镇Fort McMurray遭遇重大火灾,居民紧急撤离,大火吞噬了某重灾街区80%的住宅,并且其他地区的财产也受到损害,政府官员称周三火势将会继续蔓延。
3. 伊朗为进入美国银行寻求欧洲帮助
虽然大部分制裁已于1月16日撤销,但是伊朗官员坚持称一些外国银行由于害怕违反余下的美国制裁,选择避开伊朗。
4. Shell第一季度下游领域业绩突出
首席执行官Ben Van Beurden表示:Shell的综合性活动以及下游和综合天然气业务的良好业绩使我们脱颖而出,并在当今油气价格持续低迷的情况下为我们提供了资金支持。
5. Devon提升生产指标
Devon将2016年日平均产量指标提升了15,000桶油当量(3%)。公司表示,Devon能够在不增加公司开支的情况下增加产量。
6. Comstock天然气产量上升 石油产量下降
Comstock公司Haynesville页岩开发项目的成功提升了Comstock天然气产量。去年,Comstock售出了Texas地区的部分资产,并且Eagle Ford开采活动减速导致Comstock石油产量降低。
7. Rowan获签新合同
Rowan首席执行官Tom Burke表示:“Rowan第一季度业绩表明公司为迎接2016年的挑战,致力于进行安全、可靠的作业,并且集中精力降低成本。很高兴我们能在形式严峻的市场中获签新合同。”
8. 如何对抗油田隐患“塞卡病毒”
由于油气贸易具有国际性,工人必须做好准备预防致命疾病的爆发,例如臭名昭著的塞卡病毒。
9. 美国石油行业破产
油价暴跌已经演变成美国企业界有史以来最大的灾难之一,已经有59家油气公司破产。
10. Saipem赢得13亿美元新合同
意大利Saipem公司称,Saipem与财团伙伴Bos Shelf 公司和Star Gulf一同与BP签订Shah Deniz 二期项目合同,而Saipem则持有该合同13亿美元的股份。石油圈原创www.oilsns.com
来自/Oilpro 5月4日消息 编译/赵宁
[collapse title=英文原文请点击]
Halliburton CEO Dave Lesar Speaks Publicly For First Time Since The Baker Deal Collapse. Halliburton CEO Dave Lesar said: "There is no doubt we are disappointed... but you know what? We are Halliburton. And we will continue to provide the same innovated services and products that we've delivered to our customers for more than 97 years." [Oilpro]
Residents Evacuated As Fires Threaten Canada Oil Sands Town. A fire that forced the evacuation of the Canadian oil sands city of Fort McMurray, Alberta, destroyed 80 percent of the homes in one neighborhood and extensively damaged property in a number of others, and officials warned it could get worse Wednesday. [ABC News]
Iran Seeks EU Support In Accessing US Banks. Despite the majority of sanctions being lifted on 16 January, Iranian officials maintain that some foreign banks are steering clear of transactions with Iran on fears that they might fall foul of remaining US sanctions. [Oilpro, MEES]
Wednesday Earnings
Shell's 1Q Earnings Beat On Downstream. “Shell's integrated activities differentiate us, with our Downstream and Integrated Gas businesses delivering strong results and underpinning our financial performance despite continued low oil and gas prices," CEO Ben Van Beurden said.
Devon Raises Production Guidance. Devon has raised the midpoint of its 2016 guidance by 15,000 boepd, or 3 percent. This incremental production is expected to be delivered without additional capital spending, the company said. [Devon Energy]
Comstock's Natural Gas Output Up, Oil Output Down. Comstock's successful Haynesville shale drilling program was cited as the reason for the natural gas output increase. The sale of some of Comstock's assets in Texas last year, as well as a drilling slowdown in the Eagle Ford, were cited as the reasons for the decline in oil production. [Comstock Resources]
Rowan Secures "Some New Contracts" In This Difficult Market. The offshore contractor's CEO Tom Burke said, "Our first quarter results reflect our focus on safe and reliable operations with particular attention to careful cost control as we navigate a challenging 2016...I'm pleased with our ability to secure some new contracts in a difficult market." [Rowan Companies]
The Notorious Zika Virus Is Now An Oilfield Concern, Here's How To Fight It. Given the inherently global- and outdoor- nature of the oil and gas business, it is essential that workers be prepared and protected from potentially fatal outbreaks of diseases such as the increasingly notorious Zika virus. [Oilpro]
US Oil Industry Bankruptcy Wave Nears Size Of Telecom Bust. The rout in crude prices is snowballing into one of the biggest avalanches in the history of corporate America, with 59 oil and gas companies now bankrupt. [Reuters]
Saipem Wins New Contract In Azerbaijan Worth $1.3bn. Saipem, along with consortium partners Bos Shelf and Star Gulf, have been awarded call-off 007 under the Shah Deniz Stage 2 Master Agreement by BP, the Italian EPC company has announced. [Splash 247, Oilpro]
Meet Gary Sauter Of Calgary, Canada, #HUMANSofOG. He writes, "Freshly graduated in 1976 and safely back from that year in Vienna, Austria - International Music Festival where our Central Memorial High School marching band had captured many top group and solo awards - my father Charlie helped me get hired at Gas and Oil Accounting Ltd. in Calgary." [Oilpro]
[/collapse]
CALGARY, Alberta -- Husky Energy has reached an agreement for the sale of select assets in southwest Saskatchewan for C$595 million to Whitecap Resources.
For the past six years, Husky has been transitioning its Western Canada business from a legacy basin to one with fewer, more material resource plays. Work to progress the planned sale of several other packages in Western Canada continues.
The sale of the southwest Saskatchewan assets and the continued transformation of the Western Canada business are expected to deliver financial efficiencies, allowing capital to be more effectively deployed toward higher-return projects in the company's portfolio.
"Today's announcement is another step in the transition of our Western Canada portfolio into a more focused and efficient business," said CEO Asim Ghosh. "Over the past two months we have made significant progress on three major divestiture initiatives that will materially strengthen our balance sheet and further our transition into a low sustaining capital business."
This is Husky's third asset sale agreement this year. Husky agreed to sell a 65% ownership interest in select midstream assets in April for $1.7 billion, while retaining 35% ownership in a newly formed limited partnership and remaining the operator. Earlier this month, the company reached an agreement under which it will realize $163 million in cash proceeds from the sale of royalty assets in Western Canada.
Militants attacked Chevron's Okan offshore facility in the Western Niger Delta region late Wednesday, the company said in a statement to Reuters.
Nigeria's oil facilities have been subject to a series of attacks in recent months, Reuters reports, as President Muhammadu Buhari wages a campaign to crack down on "vandals and saboteurs" in the Delta region, where most Nigeria's oil is produced.
Chevron's Nigerian subsidiary, which operates a joint venture with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), said the attack occurred at about 11:15 pm Wednesday, Chevron told Reuters in the statement.
Its Okan offshore facility in the Western Niger Delta region was breached by unknown persons...The facility is currently shut-in and we are assessing the situation, and have deployed resources to respond to a resulting spill," the statement said.
Claiming responsibility for the attack was a group called Niger Delta Avengers, which said in a statement reported by Reuters, "This is what we promised the Nigeria government since they refuse to listen to us."Reuters reports that the same group also claimed responsibility for the February attack of a Shell oil pipeline that shut down the 250,000 bpd Forcados export terminal.
The militants are demanding a greater share of the country's oil revenue. Oil exports represent about 70% of national income.